Thursday, April 28, 2016

BoxElder Beetle Freddy

More cartoon idea: Quick sketch of pens/pencil. Continue of personal cartoon images of me and my dog, a rat that represents the ones that use to live in kitchen under oven, and a BoxElder Beetle representing one I see every evening by my work area at same spot. Hoping this could be with a images that have slight humor of my friends are the misfits in my environment. Possibly from watching too many shows or seeing cartoons/ comics. These images about meeting a single beetle that I befriend. And now to work on facial or body expressions that are human like in an insect.

image: first the meeting, try graphite with more detail to beetle, and pen to make more clearly. But I prefer the graphite one better.

8.5"x11 graphite pencil

8.5x11" pen

images: Make interaction with rest of group of my dog and rat, and to practice drawing ways to give them expression like human quality, but keep animal/ creature/ or insect form. While BoxElder Beetle sits and tells his story.







Image: Involving self, similar to another sketch but including the beetle. I do my drawings, with company of my dog, Ginger, the pretend wild rat Max, and new friend a BoxElder Beetle Freddy. 

8.5x11 graphite pencil


No comments:

Post a Comment